ON Partners, over the last few years, has collaborated with Niche and its CEO to grow its executive leadership team.
Largest Tech Centers in SF, Ny And Boston
Looking for a job in tech? A new report from ON Partners narrows down where to look
Data for this article was provided by the ON Partners 2019 Digital Jobs Index, reporting on the nation’s largest tech centers of Boston, New York City and the Bay Area.
BAY AREA: 27,500 NEW TECH JOBS LAST YEAR
- Companies that hired the most: Google, Facebook, Apple, Oracle, Amazon, Adobe, Salesforce, Airbnb, Workday, VMware
- Smaller companies showing big hiring growth: Instacart, Robinhood, Snowflake Computing, TripActions, Flexport, Asana, Affirm Inc., Credit Karma, Rubrik, Bill.com
NYC: 8,100 NEW TECH JOBS LAST YEAR
- Companies that hired the most: Amazon, Google, Facebook, Compass, Spotify, Microsoft, Uber, Salesforce, Indeed.com, Lyft
- Smaller companies showing big hiring growth: Rent the Runway, Justworks, Datadog, Squarespace, Fanduel, Warby Parker, Palantir Technologies, Moda Operandi, Group Nine Media, VTS
BOSTON: 5,540 NEW TECH JOBS LAST YEAR
- Companies that hired the most: Wayfair, Amazon, Google, HubSpot, Toast, ezCater, Mathworks, CarGurus, TripAdvisor, Kronos
- Smaller companies showing big hiring growth: Smartsheet, DraftKings, ZoomInfo, DataRobot, Salsify, Jobcase, Definitive Healthcare, Tracelink, American Well, Interactions LLC
It’s worth noting that some of these companies (Wayfair and Uber, for example) have also seen significant layoffs in recent months, and tech hiring growth in general is down roughly 3% in all three hubs. But it’s still strong, clocking in at 9%-11% growth for the year. Hiring is expected to stumble a bit this quarter due to COVID-19.
To read the full article, visit Fast Company.
ABOUT ON PARTNERS
ON Partners propels an organization’s mission by building C-level and board leadership teams. Founded in 2006 by like-minded consultants as a values-driven alternative to the multi-service global firms they were leaving behind, ON delivers a better executive search experience. The firm has been named to the Inc. 500/5000 Lists six times, was named to the Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame in 2018 and is consistently ranked among the top 20 retained executive search firms in the U.S. See our recent placements for software and internet companies.
About ON Partners
Since 2006, ON Partners is the only pure-play executive search firm building diverse C-level and board leadership teams. We rebuilt the institution of executive search for the way you work. Our approach includes present partners who engage with their clients from the first brief to the final decision, individually crafted solutions that are unique to each client, and an easier experience all around. Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Executive Recruiting Firms and to the Inc. 500/5000 Lists nine times, ON Partners is consistently ranked among the top 20 retained executive search firms in the U.S.
Untraditional by Choice. Original by Design. Since 2006.
START YOUR JOURNEY WITH US TODAY.
If you want to create a new path – ON Partners knows how to help you get there.